At Reactore we pride ourselves on our development professionalism, using modern tools & practices. Agile practices are our norm, whilst we organise ourselves on Atlassian Jira and central code repositories, keeping in constant daily contact with one-another on stand-ups.
We love delivering, innovating & collaborating and support each other in our individual learnings and group challenges. We rely heavily on unit/integration testing and continuous integration. Are you well versed with core Java programming language, now it is time for you sharpen your skillset to reach next level?
About the Job:
You will work with the backend team on Java 8 language to build Reactore products. We are primarily looking for Java developers. Anyone who knows functional programming (Java-8 or Scala) is an added advantage.
What You will be doing:
- Deliver backend application using Java or any other required technologies based on the need
- Follow the best coding practices
- Write quality code with proper unit and integration tests
- Pair-program with the teammates to solve complex issues
- Suggest new technologies, solutions and ideas to improve the product
- Follow the Scrum framework
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Write proper documentation for the code
What You Need for this Position:
- 3 – 6 years of experience in developing applications using Java or Scala, Java 8 is preferred
- Strong Java/Scala programming skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good debugging skills
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Databases
- Experience with build tools like Maven/SBT etc.
- Experience in any of the Java/Scala Testing tools
- Ready to take ownership and being accountable for the results
- Ambitious to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Proactive in sharing knowledge with others
Good to have
- Exposure to Functional Programming principles in Java-8, Scala, or any other languages
- Experience with Akka toolkit, Kafka will be added advantage